The Vote plugin of Andrew Chaika which I currently use does not fit my needs... I particular I see the following issues:
- Arrows are not user-friendly!.. I guess there are users who do not know what are they for... Would replace them with e.g. “Like” and “Dislike” buttons.
- Registering for voting is redundant! It must be easier to vote! Cheating is less undesirable than inaccuracy...
- Vote can be changed! It’s normal to change your mind! For example, if someone discovered something new about an issue in a note...
- Showing “Likes” and “Dislikes” as a single number does not convey (read “hides”) the real users’ attitude!..
- Anonymity is not always needed... Sometimes it’s better to see who voted against or for an issue.
Should also consider: https://github.com/cforce/redmine_vote
#2 Updated by Andriy Lesyuk almost 4 years ago
- Status changed from Incomplete to Open
More ideas/notes about the issue:
- Button labels can be configurable (to avoid “liking” bugs). Thus, adminstrators can choose “Like” and “Dislike”, “Agree” and “Disagree” or “Promote” and “Demote”. Maybe, labels should also be configurable per tracker.
- I believe, issue notes, that contain, e.g.,
+1, should be automatically converted to the corresponding vote. Also, if it’s the only text in the note, it should be removed.
- Votes should be supported not only for issues and issue comments, but also for forum messages.
- A new block “Issues voted for” should be added to “My page”.