I'm looking for a part-time remote job.

Hire me


I'm the author of:

Mastering Redmine is a comprehensive guide with tips, tricks and best practices, and an easy-to-learn structure.

Check the book's project or

Buy the book

Social pages of the book:

By buying this book you also donate to Redmine (see this page).


Follow me:

Support #2196

Default values for "Wiki text" custom fields not being applied

Added by Jeremy Bailey over 6 years ago. Updated about 6 years ago.

Status:
Open
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
Category:
-
Target version:
-
Start date:
24 Jul 2013
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Redmine version:
2.3.1
External issue:

Description

I want to set up a custom field that displays as a hyperlink, but without displaying the target URL (sort of like this).

First I tried the “Link” type, which did let me enter in the link. I saw your instructions on creating custom view templates, but that is somewhat beyond my skill level, so I tried doing this with “Wiki text” type instead. This worked! However, I can’t get the default value I specified to fill in automatically when I create a new issue. The field is always blank until I fill it in.

Example configuration:

Name ECO
Format Wiki text
Min - Max length 0 - 0
Regular expression
"[A-Za-z0-9_\s-]+":http://servername/ECO/C\d{5}$
Default value
"Link":http://servername/ECO/C00000
Hint Replace only C00000

Thank you for your work by the way; your plug-in is exceedingly useful!


Related issues

Related to Extended Fields - Bug #2197: "Wiki text" custom fields are not textilized in the issues list Closed 24 Jul 2013 06 Sep 2013

History

#1 Updated by Andriy Lesyuk over 6 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Open

Did you use version from SVN repository?

#2 Updated by Andriy Lesyuk over 6 years ago

  • Target version deleted (0.2.2)

That’s weird, because the “Wiki text” does not support regular expression... I guess you used some older version (not the one from SVN).

I can’t reproduce this on the latest source code (the default value gets into the form). In your case, I think, the regexp prevented the default value to get there... The regexp does not look to be correct (\s can’t be used inside [...], I believe).

#3 Updated by Jeremy Bailey about 6 years ago

Sorry for the long delay in responding. I will update to the latest version from SVN, and see if I’m able to reproduce the issue. We recently upgraded to the new 2.3-stable build (2.3.3), so this will verify your plug-in’s functionality with the latest Redmine version as well.

Also available in: Atom PDF

Terms of use | Privacy policy