I'm looking for a part-time remote job.

Hire me


I'm the author of:

Mastering Redmine is a comprehensive guide with tips, tricks and best practices, and an easy-to-learn structure.

Check the book's project or

Buy the book

Social pages of the book:

By buying this book you also donate to Redmine (see this page).


Follow me:

0.1.0 with Redmine 2.x support

The Project Alias plugin now runs on Redmine 2.x.x and becomes more accurate (e.g., it supports aliases in Wiki, adds the "canonical" URL to HTML headers and does not allow deleting aliases, that were identifiers before)...
Added by Andriy Lesyuk over 6 years ago

Download Project Alias 0.1.0

The previous version of the plugin was marked “beta” as I was not sure, that it worked fine in all cases. I’m still not sure, that it does, but, at least, no one reported any serious issue. So version 0.1.0 is now considered to be stable.

Of course, the main “feature” of the plugin is support of new Redmine versions 1.4.x – 2.3.x (yeah, I did not update the plugin for a long). Yet still there are fixes, which make version 0.1.0 of the plugin better and more stable:

Thus, I got the feeling, that it was not right to allow removing previous identifiers (which have become aliases). Redmine does not allow changing project identifiers for a reason! For example, this reason can be saved URLs, which still contain an obsolete identifier. So 0.1.0 marks aliases, which have been identifiers, as undeletable.

Also I learned, that aliases (and, especially, previous identifiers) do not work in Wiki pages. This becomes a real problem, if you used an obsolete identifier in Wiki syntax, as after renaming the project identifier you would need to update all Wiki pages with such syntax! And there can be a lot of... So 0.1.0 adds support for project aliases in the Wiki syntax – i.e., you can now use aliases as active project identifiers there.

In addition, version 0.1.0 supports underscores in identifiers under ChiliProject (thanks Alexander Leisentritt for discovering this issue) and comes with Italian, Portuguese and Turkish translations (thanks user#197, user#124 and user(Ismail Sezen)#107).

The main reason for writing this plugin (despite the name) was the idea to rename my project identifiers (mainly to remove redmine-, see this news)... But for some reason I chose the wrong identifier (i.e., with redmine-) for this plugin as well. I guess I just wanted to test it! And I did... Renaming works! And the identifier of this project has been renamed. Along with it the SVN repository has been renamed... So to be able to access the SVN repository of this project you need to execute:

$ svn switch --relocate http://svn.s-andy.com/redmine-alias http://svn.s-andy.com/project-alias

Where:

  • redmine-alias – old identifier.
  • project-alias – new identifier.

If you want to be notified about further changes in this plugin, subscribe to this project using the form on the sidebar. Subscription (provided by my another plugin) is not the same as watching! If shortly: you can watch existing objects only and subscription notifies about new objects.

You may also need to check the Mastering Redmine project. This project is for a book about Redmine, that I have written recently.


Comments

Terms of use | Privacy policy