The idea of this plugin came to me when I needed to move my projects from one Redmine hosting site to another (my own). Till that moment my projects were alive already for some time. As it usually is I added many external links to my projects - on Redmine.org, in some forums there and on other sites, in some E-Mails sent to users and friends, in social networks etc. If some of them could be fixed the others could not. If for some of them it was a metter of SEO and rankings for others it was a metter of access.
So I decided to write this plugin...
This plugin will be useful for both - owners of the hosting site project leaves and for owners of the project.
For hosting site it will be useful because:
- Gives control over content shown to users who came onto the dead page;
- Allows redirecting users to a similar project or projects listing;
- Allows not to lose page ranks.
For project owners it will be useful because:
- Allows explaining the reason of project closure;
- Allows redirecting to a new project page.
To supply this the plugin supports the following modes:
- No redirection mode: in this mode the plugin just shows the specified message.
- Redirect to URL: in this mode the plugin redirects to the specified URL.
- Redirect to Redmine/ChiliProject: in this mode the plugin "transparently" redirects to another Redmine/ChiliProject.
Also available in: Atom