Global Meta tags, Meta tags per project and per page
In future version (e.g. 0.0.2) there can be added Meta tags editing interface. Several options how this can be implemented come to my mind:
- Global Meta tags
The simpliest one is to add “Meta tags” link to Admin menu.
- Per project meta tags
The “Meta tags” link can be also added to project settings menu (or just project menu).
- Redmine-wide Meta tags
Another option is to add “Meta tags” link into top menu.
- Add global Meta tags (or just default) which would be shown for each page of the site1;
- Add project Meta tags (or default tags for the project) which would shown for each page of a project (project needs to be selected);
- Add page meta tags - you specify meta tags and URL to show for (here URL can be a regexp).
1 perhaps not good for “Per project meta tags” option
#1 Updated by Andriy Lesyuk over 11 years ago
- Status changed from Incomplete to Open
- Assignee set to Andriy Lesyuk
- Target version set to 0.2.2
- Project META settings page in project settings tabs
This page will allow specifying META description and META keywords (input - user will need to enter comma-separated values) for all project pages except ones defining META data or using META data from content...
- Global META settings located in global settings menu (e.g. Trackers etc)
This page will contain list of META “configurations” and allowing to add new “configuration” having title (allowing to identify configuration), META description, META keywords and URL regexp. This way administrator will be able to define META data for particular pages.
What is unclear is how many users need this functionality?.. I’m not sure if I do... So if you need this please let me know by voting (to vote you need to sign in)!
#3 Updated by Andriy Lesyuk over 8 years ago
Slightly changed my view of the task:
Per-page Meta description and keywords could be stored in the new database table, e.g.,
This table should have the following significant fields:
Messageand so on.
type_id– the numeric identifier.
Same table could be used for caching Meta data, I guess (see #2148)...
There should be also a separate form, that allows editing these meta data. Such form could be available under a new link in the contextual menu. The name of the link could be “Edit meta”...
Icons can be:
Maybe also to allow attaching OpenGraph image to the Meta data (see #2271)?..