I'm looking for a part-time remote job.

Hire me


I'm the author of:

Mastering Redmine is a comprehensive guide with tips, tricks and best practices, and an easy-to-learn structure.

Check the book's project or

Buy the book

Social pages of the book:

By buying this book you also donate to Redmine (see this page).


Follow me:

Bug #2253

Project Section id truncated when saved.

Added by Martin Corino over 9 years ago. Updated over 8 years ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
Category:
-
Target version:
Start date:
10 Oct 2013
Due date:
31 May 2014
% Done:

100%

Redmine version:
2.3.3
External issue:

Description

Working with SVN trunk version.

The entry form for project sections states that a section id can be specified of up to 100 characters in length but after saving the id is truncated to 20 characters. This is due to the migration for the new project section model which defines the corresponding column with a max length of 20.
The truncation also causes trouble later on when attempting to display a section overview. With a truncated section id this somehow leads to a failure to find the right view.
If I keep my section id below 20 characters I can also successfully display its overview.

003_change_projects_section_identifier_limit.rb View - new migration (261 Bytes) Martin Corino, 11 Oct 2013 17:48

004_change_projects_section_name_limit.rb View (243 Bytes) Minh Thien, 15 Dec 2013 10:01


Related issues

Duplicated by Project Sections - Bug #2279: A Section Name bigger than 20 characters creates and exception when saving Closed 23 Jan 2014 31 May 2014

Associated revisions

Revision 18 (diff)
Added by Andriy Lesyuk over 8 years ago

Renamed CSS file, applied community patches (#2252, #2253, #2275 and #2279)

History

#1 Updated by Martin Corino over 9 years ago

I’ve added the attached migration to fix the truncation.

#2 Updated by Minh Thien about 9 years ago

And I remove truncated name.

Upload to /redmine/plugins/project_section/db/migrate

Run :

rake redmine:plugins:migrate RAILS_ENV=production

#3 Updated by Andriy Lesyuk over 8 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Open
  • Assignee set to Andriy Lesyuk
  • Target version set to 0.0.2

#4 Updated by Andriy Lesyuk over 8 years ago

  • Due date set to 31 May 2014
  • Status changed from Open to Closed
  • % Done changed from 0 to 100

Thanks, Martin and Minh!

Also available in: Atom PDF

Terms of use | Privacy policy