Various improvements to plugin
Hi, I did some improvements to this plugin which make handling for enduser a lot better I think and are in use in our installations.
In result this are 10 patches, I just append them here. Numbering is in order of apply (patch -p 1 < filename.patch)
Inside each patch is the commit description what this patch does:
- hide the new repository button when it is disabled
- the button “create repository” is displayed only once and below the form as all other buttons, too.
- removed the login inputs for subversion repository 'cause them only are created local
- set extension ".git” for new git repositories if extension is enabled
- display orginal svn form if subversion creator isn’t enabled. Belongs to patch 3
- a better default repository name for git creator
- some improvements to the creation and add button
- remove create button from inside form, belongs to some patches before
- Special repository name input if allow_add_local == false. This means, it has now a more intelligent mask so no wrong repository names could entered
- display the clone/checkout url in top of a repository view so user without access to settings page can copy it easly
Hope, this patches helps you and your nice plugin.
#2 Updated by Elektritter Messinger about 6 years ago
And of course I found a small bug inside my patches after upload: the js generating the url entry does not insert “file://” in front of subversion urls and since a while this is required in repository model when using subversion.
(0013 'cause I had a commit mistake and had to revert the commit, so 0012 was the revert of 0011)
#3 Updated by Andriy Lesyuk about 6 years ago
So, the review results (will update this note with new ones):
0001– I aim to drop patched files in future (
_form.html.erbis one of them), when it becomes possible.
This patch adds a new reason to keep them, so I can’t include it.
0002– I like the current position of the button, so not applying it.
However, your patch shows where is the bug #2238! So, it helped me. Thanks!
0003– Should we hide login/password, when local repositories are disabled? Why?
Not including it for now (while used to slightly modify it in r136).
0004– Refactored your patch in r137. Thanks a lot!
0005– Not including it as well for the same reason.
0006– Applied refactored patch in r138. Thanks!
0007– Same as
0002– not applying.
0008– Same as
0002– not applying.
Thanks for sharing patches!