I'm looking for a part-time remote job.

Hire me


I'm the author of:

Mastering Redmine is a comprehensive guide with tips, tricks and best practices, and an easy-to-learn structure.

Check the book's project or

Buy the book

Social pages of the book:

By buying this book you also donate to Redmine (see this page).


Follow me:

Bug #2436

Autocomplete debounce does not work as expected

Added by Andriy Lesyuk almost 2 years ago. Updated almost 2 years ago.

Status:
Incomplete
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
Category:
-
Target version:
-
Start date:
01 Jan 2018
Due date:
% Done:

50%

Redmine version:
External issue:

Description

To optimize load of /mentions/autocomplete I set the debounce option of jQuery textcomplete to 500 ms. This should have made the autocomplete function be called with the delay.

In practice, however, with this option set the autocomplete function sometimes is not getting called at all, ever. Usually, this happens, when I put just @ or user:, i.e., a user link without any term (without a part of login, name or identifier). If, however, I add any character and then remove it (i.e., get the same @ or user: in result), the autocompletion gets executed.

If I remove the debounce option, everything works as expected. This makes me think, that the problem is in how jQuery textcomplete handles the debounce.


Related issues

Related to WikiNG - Improvement #2352: Add dropdown box on @ for users Closed 21 Nov 2014 31 Jan 2018

Associated revisions

Revision 94 (diff)
Added by Andriy Lesyuk almost 2 years ago

Added settings for autocomplete debounce (#2436)

History

#1 Updated by Andriy Lesyuk almost 2 years ago

#2 Updated by Andriy Lesyuk almost 2 years ago

  • % Done changed from 0 to 50

In r94 I made it possible to configure the debounce. By default, it’s 500 ms, so the bug takes place. As a workaround users can set it to 0, in this way disabling it. However, this will increase load of /mentions/autocomplete.

Also available in: Atom PDF

Terms of use | Privacy policy