The Wiki: Next Generation plugin (WikiNG) adds some new and useful extensions to Redmine Wiki syntax.
Among them are:
- User links, i.e., user mentions (with autocompletion, email notifications and list in user profiles)
- File links
- User-defined Wiki macros
- Warning, notice and tip blocks
- TODO, FIXME, UPDATE, NEW, FREE, BETA and EXPERIMENTAL markers
- External Wiki links to Wikipedia, Google and more
- Smileys including (!) and (?)
- Conditional macros allowing to disable/enable content depending on date or project version
- CSS classes, which can be used in Wiki
Note, that WikiNG is not known to be compatible with Markdown.
- License: GNU General Public License (GPL) v2.0
- External issue: #974, #2069, #4179, #5171, #5228, #6690, #13919, #15828, #16478
- Redmine page: www.redmine.org/plugins/wiking
- Programming language: Ruby
- SVN Repository:
svn co http://svn.s-andy.com/wiking wiking
- GitHub mirror: https://github.com/s-andy/wiking
- Latest version: 1.1.0 (over 3 years ago)
- Redmine: 3.4.x, 3.3.x, 2.5.xd
Author: Andriy Lesyuk
Mention autocomplete and Redmine 3.x support
WikiNG 1.1.0 comes with user mention autocomplete, support of new syntax for user links, update for Redmine 3.x (tested on 3.3 and 3.4), new style for some markers, bug fixes and more.
Breaking features in WikiNG 1.0.0b
Let's be honest - WikiNG (were NG stands for Next Generation) was never too breaking - it was just a good name for the plugin... But 1.0.0b, I believe, changes this, as it comes with several breaking features and a lot of improvements...
Redmine 2.2 and 2.3, hook rename and experimental marker
Fixes of the Wiki toolbar for recent Redmine versions, new toolbar button for WikiNG help, new experimental marker, bug fixes and rename of the WikiNG hook.
Redmine 2.1.x, file links and CSS classes
Version 0.0.3 of the WikiNG plugin comes with Redmine 2.1.x support, support for links to the Files section, with CSS classes, which can be used in Wiki, with Bulgarian and Turkish translations and with bug fixes.
Not a beta release
This release includes bug fixes, some minor features and support for Redmine 1.4.x, Redmine 2.0.x and ChiliProject 3.x...