Redmine definitely needs a better access control (ACL) for example to allow hosting open source and proprietary projects on the same installation. The best manifestation of this problem are Non members and Anonymous roles which are defined globally for all projects.
This problem gets resolved with the Role Shift plugin. This plugin allows you to manage roles at the project level: you can now define a shift for any role (including Anonymous and Non members).
- License: GNU General Public License (GPL) v2.0
- External issue: #1428, #2076, #6801
- Redmine page: www.redmine.org/plugins/role_shift
- Programming language: Ruby
- SVN Repository:
svn co http://svn.s-andy.com/role-shift role_shift
- Latest version: 0.1.0b (almost 8 years ago)
- Redmine: 2.5.x, 2.3.x, 2.2.x, 1.4.x
- ChiliProject: 3.x