Contact form plugin¶
- Has the global configuration in Administration → Settings → Contact form tab:
- Allows to specify, if anonymous users should be able to access the contact form;
- Allows to disable or enable the user contact form;
- Allows to specify, if contact form should be enabled or disabled for users by default;
- Allows to disable users’ emails visibility by default1;
- Supports custom email header and footer;
- Allows users to control visibility of their contact form;
- Supports custom fields (Administration → Custom fields → Contact form tab);
- Supports the global contact form:
- The link to the global contact form is shown at the top right corner (near Sign out / Register);
- Email is sent to an associated registered user or custom email address (specified in Administration → Settings → Contact form tab);
- The user contact form is available through the “Contact” link in user profiles.
For a demo you can check the contact form on this web site:
- For the global contact form sending email to me click here or click the “Contact me” link in the top right corner.
- To check the user contact form click here (it’s me) or click the “Contact” link in any user profile.
Available at Administration → Settings → Contact form:
To install the plugin:
- For Redmine 2.x.x and above:
- Run migration:
rake redmine:plugins:migrate RAILS_ENV=production.
- For older Redmine and ChiliProject:
- Run migration:
rake db:migrate:plugins RAILS_ENV=production.
- Restart Redmine/ChiliProject.
Upgrade to 0.1.0¶
The built-in “Project” field was removed from the contact form! This was done as such field can be added using a custom field and the Extended Fields plugin instead.
So to add the “Project” field back do:
- Install the Extended Fields plugn (read its Wiki on how to do this);
This is the plugin, which provides custom fields of the “Project” type.
- Go to Administration → Custom fields → Contact form tab;
- Add a custom field of the “Project” type with the name “Project”.
The plugin can change the default value of user email visibility that is can do the same as the Hide Emails by Default plugin. However it is not known, that these plugins conflict.
1 does the same as the Hide Emails by Default plugin