RedPress plugin for Redmine¶
- Provides the “Blog” project module.
- Allows to add new “Blog” item to the project menu (project blog) and to the top menu (global blog);
- Allows to replace the “Home” link with the link to a WordPress page;
- Allows to migrate project news from Redmine to WordPress;
Comes with the “Move news to blog” permission for controlling, who can do this.
- Project menu sharing (to let displaying project menu on the WordPress project pages);
- Adds Redmine/WordPress tabs to the user profile and search page (for easy switching between systems);
- Cross-domain cookie sharing (to make authorization cookies visible to WordPress);
- JSON-based session storage (to make session data readable by WordPress).
- You can’t move news to blog right after enabling the “Blog” module in the project. First you need to sync Redmine and WordPress project list – to do this just load the “New Post” page.
- Moved comments respect the WordPress commenting policy, so, if you require comments to be approved before being published, some moved comments may appear to be unapproved after the move.
- Install “WordPress” before you go with the RedPress plugin!
- It’s also recommended to install the RedWord before installing this plugin.
Without this theme you won’t be able to use tabs on the search page, and more.
- Now install the RedPress plugin under Redmine:
- When RedPress integrates Redmine into WordPress, the WordMine plugin does the reverse. Therefore, it’s highly recommended to install the WordMine under WordPress now.
Without WordMine you won’t be able to login into WordPress using your Redmine account, to use the project blog, and more.
- Check the next step in the installation instructions of the WordMine.
Redmine changes the session secret during the upgrade procedure! And, if this happens, WordPress will loose the possibility to authenticate the session. To fix this you need:
- Update the
redmine_cookie_secretoption in the
wp_optionstable to the new value of the secret key, or
- Restore the previous session key value in Redmine’s
Session data decoding errors¶
ActiveSupport::JSON.backend = 'JSONGem'